Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2-Way Crossover Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixnum

Dear Friend,

I am giving you a circuit diagram of 2-way crossover network as an attachment file for my sound system. Please check it and give your views on it. I like to use tweeter (8 ohm/15 watt) and woofer (8 ohm/15 watt).

Thank you,

Have a good day !

Attachments

• 2-way crossover network.jpg
    2-way crossover network.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 2,377
That's hardly a crossover network, it's a low pass filter and an inductor. It's going to give you only basic filtering and really crappy audio fidelity. You could do much better searching the net for simple passive crossover network designs.

That's like trying to put 600 inch tires on a car to make it go fast and wondering why your burn out clutches and it accelerates like a pig. Bigger doesn't mean better, things have to be sized properly.

pixnum said:
But I want to make it more perfect and powerful so that it can be longlasting !

Well it will certainly be long lasting :p - no bass to the bass unit, as it crosses over below audible limits, and no treble to the tweeter as it crosses over at around the upper end of human hearing.

Read the website I posted! - but crossover design isn't just a 'guessing game', use high quality drive units and follow the manufacturers suggested crossover design.

I think that horrible crossover will allow a woofer to make a thumping sound and you might hear a small hiss from the tweeter. All ordinary sound frequencies will be atrtenuated.

The Shavano website has an error in their 2nd-order crossover: it makes a notch filter at the crossover frequency. Even-order filters should have their drivers connected out-of-phase for the notch to disappear. Butterworth 2nd-order filters make a +3dB boost at the crossover frequency when the drivers are connected out-of-phase. Linkwitz-Riley 2nd-order filters are flat when the drivers are connected out-of-phase.

There are hundreds of programs on the web for crossover network design. Some have errors and some are good.
The woofer and tweeter manufacturer usually has a recommended crossover network for their products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back