Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2-stage Op-amp Circuit using MOSFET....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okk i hav this assignment which i just cant figure out.....i hav basic ideas about op-amp circuits but hav nvr solved a design problem employing frequency compensation....please give sum hints.....here goes the problem....

"Design a 2-stage single-ended op-amp using 0.18 mu-m CMOS technology thats has a dc gain
of at least 500,and a unity gain frequency of 100 MHz with a load of 5 pF and 5 k-ohm
in parallel.Design the 2nd stage common source amplifier to have a sufficiently high dc
gain while driving the desired load capacitance and a sufficiently high 2nd pole while
driving the desired load capacitance.Use a scaled version of your single stage op-amp
design from above for the input stage.Use a suitable compensation capacitor.All parasitic
poles and zeroes should be at least twice the unity gain frequency.Ensure that there is
no systematic offset because of the 2nd stage bias.Add a zero cancelling resistor.

0.18 mu-m technology parameters: V_Tn=0.5V,V_Tp=0.5V,Kn=300 mu-A/(V^2),Kp=75 mu-A/(V^2),
Vdd= 1.8V,Lmin=0.18 mu-m,Wmin=0.24 mu-m.
Ignore body effect and 1/f noise."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back