Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2 channel rf remote project idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fleepster99

Hi guys this is my first post but ive seen many of the sites threads and been a fan for a while.
Now for my project my idea;i want to build a smoke detector which consists of a Rf transmitter that will alert the receiver when smoke is detected,this will be followed by possibly a small alarm and specific switch to let the owner know which exact smoke detector has been triggered(if possible) .
I have built several circuits in the past and i dont think this should be a problem, my main concern is how would i go on about sending the signal from the transmitter to receiver, is programming a microcontroller a must? or is there any other way around it.
Ive searched the web and encountered several circuits but im trying to find the best way to go on about this specific task i haven't got many years of experience so im sorry if i come across as a bit of a newbie.
Thanks

True but my aim is to do it through RF signal and i want to build the circuit
I would suggest exploring the similarity in your project to a garage door opener. Simple transmitter, minimal receiver. They make custom chips, but old designs used a shift register and a one transistor oscillator.

A smoke detector probably needs to be more reliable than a garage opener. :eek:

**broken link removed**
2 channel RF remote control
Ok ive tried to look for a few garage door openers with no luck what do u guys recommend about either of these circuits ? could i incorporate either of them with the transmitter circuit? Any help you can provide is appreciated.

Hello people...I have been trying to find out if the following frequencies are legal for wireless remote controls in the UK...303,314,330,350,360,370,390,418,423,433 MHz
anyone know?

Last edited:
Hello people...I have been trying to find out if the following frequencies are legal for wireless remote controls in the UK...303,314,330,350,360,370,390,418,423,433 MHz
anyone know?

303,314,330,350,360,370,390, ,423
No

Existing systems only, no new equipment

Yes, have a look here:

Lots of information on the OFCOM website.

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back