Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

2.1 hometheatar to 4.1 surround sound ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDA2030

hi all of u i am new member to electro-tech-online, and new to electronics,
and sorry for bad English
i don't like loud and screechy noises from speakers
i have 2.1 home theater for cheap $30, and i surprised when the seller play the demo
its really good sound i ever hear, deep and smooth bass and tone like a honey,
music like a heaven, when i take it my home my and play a movie family and my friends also wonder its sounds like a DTS from 2 small speakers and 1 small sub-woofer,
from 3 years i don't have any complaint from this, and recently i get sub-woofer of and left and right working, i noticed the woofer get shorted,
i just replace the new woofer and i get remarkable marvelous sound again, and i urge to see whats inside the sub, and i open it i surprised again,
i seen inside 6x3ich pcb inside they use 3 TDA2030A HI-FI ic's
i searched on net abt tda2030a lots of good comments on this ic,
cheap and the the the best IC,
i love this TDA series IC's TDA2030a,TDA2040,TDA2050, they all are Hi-Fi.

some guys say if u properly build PCB with them and good power supply
u forget big monster hi power sound systems.,

now i come to thread, i want convert my 2.1 to 4.1 surround with using TDA series ICs for more pleasure of marvelous sound
can any body healp me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The TDA series ICs are just power audio amps. The surround sound circuits are signal processing stuff that goes before the amps. I don't know if 2.1 can be converted to 4.1.

Last edited:
OK i got u bounty, now i realize the situation, i have pc with on board realtek HD 2-8 channel audio, is this preamp ?, if it is the problem is its have only three port on back MIC,LR stereo, INPUT. now what can i do ?, how to extract 4 or 8 channel audio from single stereo jack ?, help me plzzzzz

Well your english is even uglier than mine, so I'm not sure I understood you well.
As far as I know, you have 8 amplifiers (or 2 quad ones, whatever) with 8 speakers

Right?

And your problem is feeding them with audio from the soundcard

It's very easy. The three ports in the back of your computer contain all the connections, forget the MIC or LINE IN markings. They are not valid anymore if the 8 channel function has beed enabled on the software included with the soundcard

For example (I'm just guessing, DO NOT use this layout, yours surely may be different)

Stereo Out
Pin 1: GND
Pin 2: Front left +
Pin 3; Front right +

"MIC" (as I said, is not mic anymore)

Pin 1: Humm ¿Subwoofer channel? +
Pin 2: Rear Right +
Pin 3: Rear Left +

"LINE IN"

Pin 1: Mid-right channel +
Pin 2: Mid-left channel +
Pin 3: I don't know.... ¿center mid channel +? :D

Buy some 3.5 mm plugs and start playing to find out the correct combination for each amp and speaker

Last edited:
He said that his computer has only a stereo (two channels) output but they can be selected from 8 channels inside the computer.

We don't know if the computer has a surround sound decoder. It probably does not.

ohh yaa ofter my last post i read my motherboard manual book
it is 7.1 channel Realtek ALC883 codec,
some images shows how to setup 4,5.1,7.1.
use back three ports as a front, rear, sub. for 5.1
for 7.1 front panel head phone port for side speakers
so now tell me i need PCI card ?
if i don't need PCI card,
take ur own time and tell me how to build 7.1 with some best and effective circuits
if possible using TDA Hi-Fi series plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
i really really thx for quick responding
i am so happy with electro tech online thx agine

You don't need to buy anything for your PC bud, just get 7 amplifiers and 7 speakers, and connect them as depicted in the manual

Check the datasheets of your loved TDA's, they include some examples of how to build nice amps with them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back