Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1N914 or 1N4148 - Whats the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingpin094

I have read a lot and I can't seem to come up with a logical reason why these two diodes have different names.

If I have a circuit that uses say a 1N914 can I shove a 1N4148 and the circuit still work? Or vise versa?

Any help on the subject would be much appreciated.

I don't know the reason for different numbers, but they are essentially the same.

You could probably interchange them with no hassles.

from what i know, you can change them, but i think that the 4148 is better in some case, i think that it is a bit faster, but i am not sure.
i have replaced all the 1n914 with 4148 in my circuits and they worked with no problem.

The forward current handling capabilities of the 4148 are double that of the 914........

HTH Chip

Many thanks to all that replied. I have looked all all the specs but I guess the forward current handeling slipped by me. Thanks again. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back