Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

18F4550 Vusb Capacitor Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speakerguy

OK, I am building a board right now and I forgot to order the 220nF (or alternateively a 470nF) cap for the on chip Vusb regulator. The current data sheet says to use 220nF and I see lots of projects on the web that use 470nF.

I do have some 1uF I can use, but I wanted to double-check that this would be OK. It's probably just a compensation cap for an LDO regulator and making those bigger usually doesn't hurt at all, but I thought I'd ask the group.

Yes that is a filter cap for the 3.3V regulator you can make it bigger no poroblem, but you should not use electrolytic capacitors on it ofcourse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back