16F887 can't detect input

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkashiwada

Hello All,

I've switched from assembly to C using MikroC. I still wish only to display a message to my LCD if an input pin goes high. I don't have my code with me but it is very simple. Under main i do the following

ANSEL = 0;
ANSELH = 0;

PORTD = 0; // clear port D
TRISD = 0xFF; // Set port D as input

while (1) {
if (PORTD,0 == 0) {
Lcd_Out(1,1,"RD0 is low");
}else{
Lcd_Out(1,1,"RD0 is high");
}
}

when i run this the lcd only says "RD0 is low" regardless of the input i give. Is there some register or setting, or configuration bit i must set or not set? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks =)
Jake

Try PortB as input. i too have had trouble with using portD as input sometimes. Dunno why. Jus try. Good Lcuk mate

Mikro C is not MPLAB compatible
if (PORTD,0 == 0) would become
if (PORTDbits.RD0==0) in C18. and i do not know, if there are library functions for lcd

wow that was quick.... =)

I've tried PORTB as well...I ended up on PORTD because according to the datasheet, RD0:RD4 are I/O only. The LCD works fine and was initialized on PORTC earlier in my code that I have not shown (Lcd_Init(&PORTC) something like this)

Anyways... I was hoping there was some register or setting I was unaware of to check? Any suggestions off top of your head?

Thanks =)
Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…