Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16f505

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! However, it gives a long list of errors when I use it with picbasic. I asked in their forums but I was only advised to upgrade.

If their only advice is to upgrade then move on to a better compiler.

Mike.

Hi, Pommie

IF he gets a " long list of errors " the best thing for him is to upgrade and get the required genuine files ...

30 US $ an upgrade ... do not joke, please !!!

Those files really really really are easy to create "pasting" the existing ones ... so, the problem is not the compiler, I do think.

BTW, the needed files are 2 ... one ".BAS" and one ".inc" ... just to fix the " problem" level

Just Bashing ... WHICH better compiler ???

give me this α and Ω compiler name ... please !

Alain

PS:
PIC16F505 Header
; Copyright 2004, microEngineering Labs, Inc.

Why do you think I laugh so loud ???

Last edited:
A "whole list of errors" can sometimes be generated because of one basic error. Doubleclick on the very first error to higlight the line where the error occurs, and make changes.

The 16F505 is a very old chip with few features, but it a good chip to learn basics. Suggest you study the Gooligum Electronics series of lessons using this chip.

The errors are coming from the .inc file. I like the compiler, it is easy to program with and does everything I need. I have been looking for the older 505 files because that chip fits the needs for a part of a board I am building. I mostly use the 16f628a though which I don't have any problems with.

And the compiler is the Picbasic Pro.

I fooled around with PBPro for a while but didn't like it. I don't remember having to include any setup files when using the Projeect Wizard. Might have, but don't remember.

You might post your first error. Maybe someone can help you decipher.

I fooled around with PBPro for a while but didn't like it. I don't remember having to include any setup files when using the Projeect Wizard. .

Hi, AllVol,

NO Project Wizard in PBP pro ... never has been. MPLAB Wizard, may be ???

You're right for ( those ...) Include files they are automatically added by the compiler.

One thing is sure with PBP : No Whistles nor Bells ... but bugs are exceptionnal !!! :p

Alain

PS: The " bunch of errors " only is the undeclared PIC registers alias list ... no more. BTW, sure trying to compile this program with the wrong processor declared shows a bunch of errors ...

Last edited:
Hi try this one copied from Multisim 10.

Attachments

• P16F505.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 123
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back