Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

16bit MCUs: PIC vs. MSP430

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been working a little bit with the PIC24F series and the MSP430Fx4xx series MCUs - they're both 16bit and previously I have only worked with 8bit. Not sure which I should go with - anyone have an opinion?

I'm looking specifically at chips with IR support built in. Thanks!

I'm really liking the MSP430, but I don't have any specific opinion on which to go with as I've never used the 24 series. The MSP430 series is really nice, and super low power. Using them in my RF network project, but they are expensive relative to what you get.

I'm just using an ez430 USB programmer with spy-bi-wire, but not all MSP430 chips support spy-bi-wire programming/debugging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back