Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

150W Soft Starter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opiym

I was trying to build a power supply from an arc psu, which I did but now what the problem is due to high starter current of 775 motor the protection feature of psu turns on and switches it off. The solution could be a soft starter but I can't find which specifies this motor only. Also I have a very little knowledge of electronics

What is the current rating of the supply.
A crude method would be to use something like a vehicle bulb inline with the motor to limit the current.

The PSU can handle upto 12A on 12V side, but the required current of the motor during work is only 2.5A(I measured if on a car battery)

to do the job corrfectly ypu need a current limit circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back