Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12V to 240V Inverter Circuit (Need Help)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemrul

i'm new here...

anyone can give the idea about this..i need the circuit for inverter...

**broken link removed**

i found this circuit from electronic-lab.com..but there is some problem about this circuit...

Define 'there is some problem about this circuit'

What power output are you wanting from this invertor?

Regulation is poor as there is no feedback...power output will fall as the battery voltage falls...

That is a garbage circuit that was copied from Aaron Cake's site.
Aaron Cake's site has two very long threads about how guys tried many things to make it work but couldn't.

1) The polarity of its timing capacitors is backwards so they explode.
2) The emitter-base diodes of the transistors have avalanche breakdown in that circuit which causes a very high current in the capacitors and explodes them even if their polarity is corrected. The high current damages the transistors and wastes a lot of power.
3) The transistors have a base current that is much too small for an inverter so the output power is only 35W at a voltage that is too low.
4) It has a square-wave output which should not be used for many products.
5) It is too simple. It has no voltage regulation and nothing stops it when a battery is discharged too low.

now i have circuit like this..

**broken link removed**

buat i can't find the component CD4047 in PsPice.
what component can we used except CD4047?...

The 100W simple inverter with the CD4047 IC is from me. There is another one with 10 2N3055 output transistors for 500W. But it also has a square-wave output without voltage regulation.

The CD4047 is a simple oscillator, frequency divider (%2) and two opposing square-wave outputs. You can make one with Cmos logic ICs.

Velleman once did a mains invertor that was xtal clocked....iirc it used a 4060 osc/divider to obtain a 50hz timing waveform and there was a feedback loop to maintain output voltage stability...Doesnt look like they do it anymore.....

Last edited:
now i have circuit like this..

**broken link removed**

buat i can't find the component CD4047 in PsPice.
what component can we used except CD4047?...

Why waste time with Pspice if you already have a 'working' circuit?

Just build it...if it dont work first time then troubleshoot it...You'll learn far more doing things practically than sitting in front of a computer running simulations..

Velleman once did a mains invertor that was xtal clocked....iirc it used a 4060 osc/divider to obtain a 50hz timing waveform and there was a feedback loop to maintain output voltage stability...Doesnt look like they do it anymore.....

But you can buy ready made mains inverters, better than the Velleman one, for very little money these days.

But you can buy ready made mains inverters, better than the Velleman one, for very little money these days.

True, which is why I bought a 300 w one from Maplins when they were on offer...:)

You just cant do it cheaper sometimes.......

i am new in this frem .pl help any body ...... i have req. pic 16f676 or 16f72 based sqer, wave inerter . not sine wave

i am new in this frem .pl help any body ...... i have req. pic 16f676 or 16f72 based sqer, wave inerter . not sine wave
Your English is horrible but it sounds like you have a square-wave inverter that uses a PIC as its oscillator.
Is something wrong with it?

Last edited:
Your English is horrible but it sounds like you have a square-wave inverter that uses a PIC as its oscillator.
Is something wrong with it?

dear sir
i have not square-wave inverter. i want it circuit with asm.

Sahu,
Your English is horrible.

You said you have "sqer, wave inerter ." I don't know what it is.

You want "circuit with asm" but I don't know what it is.

I am sorry to waking up an old thread, but I have question for the same topic. On the last circuit, could I simply change input voltage to 6volt ? and connect the output to 6v - 0 - 6v of transformator, does this action just make output power down to 50watt ? ... thank you for all answer....

Regards,

Mindwin

Last edited:
On the last circuit, could I simply change input voltage to 6volt ? and connect the output to 6v - 0 - 6v of transformator, does this action just make output power down to 50watt?
The transistors have losses so a 5V-0-5V transformer should be used with a 6V battery.
The transistors will draw about 10A from the battery so the max output will be about 8A x 6V= 48W.
Most electronic products won't work from this square-wave output inverter because they depend on the higher peak voltage of a sine-wave.
Motor speed controls also won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back