Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12v timer relay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffinsnail

If i posted this in the wrong place please forgive.

I need to build a circuit to add to a small pump on a 12v system. the pump only uses less then 5v and maybe 1amp.

what i need to do is have the pump switched on for 10secs maybe more and then switched off for 15-20 mins. I would like to dial the times for both seconds and minutes. can someone design a circuit and post the wireing and parts i would need? i also need 2 switches one that turns on the timer relay, and 1 that bypasses so i can run the pump at 100% or if the relay can be set to 0 on both to make it run as a on off switch would also work..

so basically i need the pump when the circuit it turned on to run the pump for 10secs (adjustable up to 30s) then shutoff the pump for 10 mins (adjustable up to 30 mins). and i need this to keep cycling untill turned off. once the timer is working i need it to continue over and over reseting itself.

if this makes sence i would enjoy any help. i know wiring and circuits at a basic level so having a diagram with the parts list would be perfect. i can provide a email if someone wants to email and assist me. or we can talk here and when its all done tested and working i can edit this post for others to use at a later date.. thanks for anyone who helps me in this indevor.

FYI i am a farmboy so ingenuity is part of the game..

And you do not want to spring for buying ready-made timers?

FYI i am a farmboy so ingenuity is part of the game..
in·ge·nu·i·ty

noun
the quality of being clever, original, and inventive.
can someone design a circuit and post the wireing and parts i would need?

Well, where's the ingenuity in that!?

I suggest you check out the timer relays available on amazon and ebay. The Omron ones have lots of options and are usually pretty cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back