Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12v DC negative ion generator or ioniser? HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregory hansell

hello,

im currently in my first year of studying electronics at GCSE level, unfortunatley im not too good it!

i currently have an idea for my GCSE project, and i require a 12v DC negative ion generator or ionizer which i can run from a 9v battery or cell (depends if you want to get technical!).

i have tried phoning my local maplin, and the assistant on the other end wasnt exactly the brightest spark in the world. would you know where i can purchase one of these generators, or where i could get a kit to make one? even a circuit diagram that is easy to understand would be great!

thanks for your time.

regards
gregory hansell

neg-ion generator

Your profile doesn't include a location, but the maplin reference helps. I don't know of a UK source, here's a U.S. supplier.

**broken link removed**

Re: neg-ion generator

laroche73 said:
Your profile doesn't include a location, but the maplin reference helps. I don't know of a UK source, here's a U.S. supplier.

**broken link removed**

oh! sorry, i forgot to put in i was in the UK, unfortunately i would have to order $50 + shippings worth of stuff if i was to get it from the US source.

Hi Gregory

Take a look at **broken link removed**
this should get you under way at least ...
This circuit is mains powered but all you need to do is generate some 150 to 300 volts from an oscillator, something similar to ...

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2004/06/1092.pdf

A suitable oscillator could be https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/simple-lie-detector.40/

Useful info on ozone (often referred to as a harmful byproduct)...
**broken link removed**

Hope that helps to get things going :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back