Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12v charger shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyW

I'm charging two 12v 100ah batteries in my motor home. I'm using a Renogy 40 amp DC to Dc charger to charge the batteries when the engine is running.
I'm using a Progressive Dynamics 60 amp charger to charge the batteries when the engine off and the motor home is connected to shore power.
The problem is after I unplug from shore power, start the engine the Renogy DC to DC charger is in fault mode with a error light flashing.
I can correct this fault mode by shutting off the circuit breaker on the outbound side of the DC to DC charger and then turning it back on.
My question is do I need a diode in the outbound side of the Renogy DC to DC charger to stop feed back from the Progressive Dynamics 60 amp shoreline charger.
If so what should I install.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back