Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

12c Car (cigarrette) to Wall Adapter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkevvy

Hey everyone,

I'm new here, and first and foremost I'd like to say I know pretty much jack about electronics.

Anyway, as an aquarium owner I was looking into getting some moonlights for it. This is what they look like, for the record: https://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j70/sunkyokim/IMG_2128.jpg

I went into Autozone and got a 6" Blue Led Bend-A-Lite, which plugs into the 12v cigarette lighter (which is DC, right?)

Is there anyway I can take this, cut the end off (or something) and join the wires of an old wall adapter and make it work? I do have a wall adapter lying around that says:

Input: AC 120v 60hz 14w
Output: DC10v 500ma

and I have

Input: AC 120v
Output: DC 12v

Among others.

To me it would make sense if I used the 12v one... but once again, I don't know anything about electronics.

Either one of those should work, as long as you get the polarity right.

Thanks a bunch guys, it worked great! It's not as bright as the one I posted, but thats good cause it wont disturb the fish as much. I can now see my nocturnal fish much better. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back