Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

110V sockets in a 220V home

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a good sign.

You have options, but it really depends on finding a transformer. You don't care about 240. Conduit is good. Being able to convert back easily for the purists, I think, would be a good thing. You don;t have to supply the outlets at their maximum ratings.

You can parallel transformers if you need to. They can also be wired in a boost configuration. e.g. 10V secondary at 10A with a 110V primary.
if the primary voltage is greater than 120V, you can use the transformer. The ratio of transformation matters.

Usually, the transformer is external to the breaker cabinet.

I've had custom toroidal transformers made.

Thanks guys,

max will be sure to remember of the neutral

KeepItSimpleStupid that's true. Getting a transformer winded is a good idea too, there are people who redo motor windings so I will also check with them if they will be able to make something for me. I completely forgot about that option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back