Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

110v AC to ±40v 4amp cheap and simple, transformerless

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonmbeamer

Searching for ideas and know how on a simple cheap PS. Im tired of tranformers due to lack of, cost, and weight. I would like to start using somthing more high tech and hopefully cheaper.

110v in, ±40v unregulated out. I have been looking at capacitor voltage dividers. They seem simple enough to me. Any thought out there to steer me in the right direction would be apriciated.......

Define unregulated?

There are also issues of isolation to AC mains.

Suggest you buy a switching power supply.

If you have enough room you might try using capacitors for 40V at 4A - 160W!

It is certainly possible to build a power supply using caps, but you should be prepared to sacrifice one room of the house to accomodate the power supply. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back