Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

10kv 25mA switching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tearoffear

I have to switch 10kv 25mA but I didn't find any component that fit my requirements. Are there any optoisolator ,triac,tristor or anything to do that.

Is it April 1 already?

tearoffear said:
I have to switch 10kv 25mA but I didn't find any component that fit my requirements. Are there any optoisolator ,triac,tristor or anything to do that.

what are your trying to do? maybe there is a better way so you dont have to switch such a problematic voltage.

You can stack HV mosfets to get up to 10kV blocking but their drive will be complicated with opto's. Is it AC or DC?

You can use a high voltage relay. Kilovac makes very good ones, http://relays.tycoelectronics.com/kilovac/

I have used them ( K43 series ) on an automated Hi-Pot tester for an industrial lamp ballast tester, switching 5 and 10 KV , very low current. The contacts are in a vacuum, very reliable.

I mounted them on an alluminum panel, the high voltage was on one side, the coil connections are on the other side.

Not cheap, but they do the job.

tearoffear said:
I will control Ac voltage. thanks for your interest.

from where? the mains? or a stepup trasformer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back