Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1000 watts power ampifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
spuffock said:
My computer speakers handle 390W!!!!!
The multimeter says 200 milliwatts if you push them into distortion.
There must be something up with the multimeter.
Damn it the other multimeter agrees with it.
Thats two new multimeters I've got to get.

:lol:

Computer speakers are even more imaginatively specified than car speakers :D

As a rough 'rule of thumb', divide car speaker specs by at least 10, and computer speakers by nearer 100. You'll be far closer to their real specs then :lol:

the ratings given on speakers, car and computer are at the point where they blow up really spectacularly :twisted: :idea: fireworks :?:

Hi Spuffock,
There is nothing wrong with your meters. Just get stronger glasses so you can see the decimal point ahead of the 0.390W rating (very, very far into distortion) for your computer speakers. :lol:

Hi Nigel,
Here in my Canadian home, I can power a monster amp to break my own and my neighbours' windows. I would connect it to a stove, air-conditioner or electric clothes dryer receptacle. The amp would get 240VAC at 30A or 50A. If I connect the amp directly to my breaker box, I could provide it with 24KW and my electrical usage meter would spin so fast it might disintegrate along with the windows! :lol:
In the USA it isn't as much because frequently their 120VAC sags to 110V. :(

Hi Monkeytree,
At a rock music (?) concert, they have a lot more than only two speakers, and a lot more than just one monster stereo amp. :mrgreen:

nigel :twisted: even though the figures are not exact i blow them up :evil:

Hi Monkeytree,
When you can't hear the tweeters anymore, both them and your hearing are blown up.

what do you think i just did i need to buy a new carpet and a fire extinquisher :evil: :twisted: :idea: oh and run away from home perants angry

Hi Abet-ad Follow this link i have tried it not completely but very efficient and responsive but neither cheep nor easy to built i am not currently working on it as out of mu budget but resume it soon.
http://www.sound.westhost.com/project117.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back