Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

100 VDC from 12 VDC circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

indula

Following circuit is for 300 VDC from 12 VDC. Is it possible to convert this into 100 VDC output supply ? What changes do I need to do to the schematics ?

The simple way would be to change the transformer. However what you intend to use it for could change everything as that is a very unregulated output. Plus, that's a very old circuit.

Mike.

+1. But is it worth modifying that circuit? For less than the cost of just a suitable transformer you could probably buy a complete off-the-shelf DC-DC boost converter with a suitable spec.

The very old circuit is probably a buzzer in addition to being a vibrator.

300 VDC from 12 VDC. Is it possible to convert this into 100 VDC output
How much power? Current?
The output voltage for the circuit is a function of the transformer turn ratio.
How well do you want the output voltage regulated?

Also, the schematic shows a common ground for both the input and output, but that is not a requirement; the output could be completely floating. Would a floating 100 V output be better or worse for your application? The point is that if a common ground is ok and the current is low, you might get away with a simple non-isolated boost converter.

ak

ak

that's a very old circuit.
Biy of a clue when it's called a solid state 'vibrator'

I did a bit of googling and found that the circuit was designed as a replacement for a mechanical "vibrator" as used in old valve radios when powered from 6/12v lead acid batteries.

Some amateur radio enthusiasts like to operate using original and modern recreations of a radio known as the "Paraset", so called I guess because it was used by allied agents who were parachuted in to occupied Europe during the 2nd world war.

Look here:

And the power supply:

JimB

I did a bit of googling and found that the circuit was designed as a replacement for a mechanical "vibrator" as used in old valve radios when powered from 6/12v lead acid batteries.

That was my point :D

They were used in valve car radios, they were just oscillating relays, and basically two types, sycronous (self rectifying) and non-syncronous (needed a rectifier).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back