Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

$100.00 contest - what is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This cant be a PIC ! This is some old complicated machine. I wodnt say its a powers suply becose a poversuply is just a transformer and a litle circutry.(meaby its a 100 kW power suply from the year 3000)

Weird thingy

Ok then what do you think it is? Whatever it is it looks old as heck and I Think it was before My time so sorry I don't know But I'll take the 100 dollars anyways!

lol, it doesn't mean PIC as in a micro controller, simply pic as in short for picture (I think...)

It seems like a complete load of rubbish to me.

I would wager a reasonable sum of money that it is simply a made up image - someone drew it when they should have been doing the company accounts... (or something along those lines)

The box is drawn as if it is a small unit, perhaps the size of a TV. Certain parts (such as the one labled 27) look like the proton (?) gun thingys out of TVs, but certain parts look like gas tanks (e.g. 14) or turbines (like you get in jet engines) especially the one labled 26 - in both the last cases this would mean the 'box' was huge - I imagine a good 40 feet or so.

(if you zoom in slightly the numbers become slightly more readable)

The image is a jpeg, so it is hard to tell if it has been drawn or not (any pencil lines would be blured out of recognition by the compression process), however the black colour is an inconsistent grey colour, suggesting it has been drawn by hand and then scanned, or scanned from a textbook from the 1960's (modern printed images would mostly be drawn on computers) - in which case it is looking most like a theoretical picture of what something might look like in the future - perhaps a computer - or an amplyfier (some of the parts could be based on valves...)

Again, many parts look similar to those seen in cutaway drawings of space stations, shuttles etc., but I don't recognise any part, and I would expect to be able to make a reasonable guess as to what some of it is - I can't - which leads me to believe it is nothing more than someone with too much time on their hands. Oh, and you didn't really expect to win that $100 did you?

Sorry to be such a spoil sport - but I really don't think this is really worth the ammount of time that I have spent thinking about it (but then I have no life, so it doesn't matter, but you will not have enough time to waste, so don't think about it any more!!)

Lol, anyone shed any light on who drew this, I'd be interested.

Tim

Hi again, any way i think that all that money is too mutch and the purpose for that is that they are probably requesting information abouth that device just to patent it, but what the hack is that device ?? lol

It will remain mistery, i guess that if they are offering that mutch money they will probably win many more after getting that patent registered to them, (as i refere them by they, i don't know who they are !!),
Bye :D .

Hmm... that's weird. I have NO clue. :lol: But I must point something out. Look at #20. Does it look like a pushbutton to anyone else? :?:

If you look really closely you'll notice that it has tubes in it!! it's an old pic!! obviously someone has taken it out of an old service manual or some sort.

Ron

the shame, the shame of it all (insert smiley with head in hands)

no, its probably not the best forum, but anyway - what is one of these cube thingys?

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back