Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

1 Wire comunication

Status
Not open for further replies.

fricciardiuk

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and also in the use of oshonsoft. I need help in using the picsimulation as communication codes in 1Wire help just found a small example using a temperature sensor. what I need is to communicate with a DS2432 memory and not found anything about the commands that memory. I appreciate any help that you have. thank you

Have you read the datasheet?

hi,
The closest option on Oshonsoft is the SERVO command.
I have used it with DHT11 and DHT22, temperature/humidity sensors
E
This is a clip from the Oshonsoft Basic Manual.

Interfacing Radio Control (R/C) servos

ServoIn,ServoOut,

For writing applications to interface R/C servos there are two statements available: SERVOIN and SERVOOUT. R/C servo is controlled by a train of pulses (15-20 pulses per second) whose length define the position of the servo arm. The valid length of pulses is in the range 1-2ms. These two statements have two arguments. The first argument of both statements is the microcontroller pin where the servo signal is received or transmitted. For SERVOIN statement that pin should be previously setup as an input pin and for SERVOOUT statement the pin should be setup for output. The second argument of SERVOIN statement must be a Byte variable where the length of the pulse will be saved. The pulses are measured in 10us units, so it is possible to measure pulses in the range 0.01-2.55ms. The value stored in the variable for normal servos should be in the range 100-200. The second argument of the SERVOOUT statement should be a Byte variable or constant that determines the length of the generated pulse. For proper operation of the target servo SERVOOUT statement should be executed 15-20 times during one second. Here is an example of the servo reverse operation:
Dim length As Byte
TRISB.0 = 1
TRISB.1 = 0
loop:
ServoIn PORTB.0, length
If length < 100 Then length = 100
If length > 200 Then length = 200
length = length - 100
length = 100 - length
length = length + 100
ServoOut PORTB.1, length
Goto loop

Bit of my code:

Code:
dht11 = 1  'make this 0 For DHT22 OR use this next bit of code

If PORTA.5 = 0 Then  'for compare 11/22 only! Insert correct DHT11/22 first!!
dht11 = 0
Else
dht11 = 1
Endif

Lcdinit
WaitMs 1

Lcdcmdout LcdClear

If dht11 = 0 Then
Lcdout "DHT22"
Else
Lcdout "DHT11"
Endif

rd_dht:
WaitMs 1500  'wait for DHT
TRISC.0 = 0  'pin to output
PORTC.0 = 0  'init DHT
WaitMs 20
PORTC.0 = 1
WaitUs 30
TRISC.0 = 1  'set data pin

'read DHT bit string
ServoIn PORTC.0, dta(0)  'Wait for dht
For bfr = 31 To 0 Step -1  'number of humidity and temp 10uSec periods/DHT bit
ServoIn PORTC.0, dta(bfr)
Next bfr

For bfr = 7 To 0 Step -1  'humid HB
rxi = bfr + 24
If dta(rxi) > 5 Then tmpval.bfr = 1 Else tmpval.bfr = 0  'if > 50uSec its a '1'
Next bfr
humid.HB = tmpval

For bfr = 7 To 0 Step -1  'humid LB
rxi = bfr + 16
If dta(rxi) > 5 Then tmpval.bfr = 1 Else tmpval.bfr = 0
Next bfr
humid.LB = tmpval

Added the 1, 0 decode code fragment.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and also in the use of oshonsoft. I need help in using the picsimulation as communication codes in 1Wire help just found a small example using a temperature sensor. what I need is to communicate with a DS2432 memory and not found anything about the commands that memory. I appreciate any help that you have. thank you
I have tried several times to get the DS2431 to work in Oshonsoft... I have never succeeded... For some reason the DS will not respond with the interface Vladimir has... I was actually going to write my own...

ericgibbs .. Never thought of using the servo commands... I might try that one..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back