Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

±12 to ±18 V split rail power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny4059

I don't know if i'm being a bit stupid but:

Essentially I want start with a (12V) battery and end with a ±12 to ±18 V split rail power supply. After a bit of googling I can't seem to see and easy way of achieving this (without making up my own PCB)

I presume a "±12 to ±18 V split rail power supply" could have +12V 0V -12V rails or +13V 0V 13V or +18V 0V -18V etc etc

Thanks for any help in advance!

How much current at +V?
How much current at -V?

You want a DC/DC converter something like one of these. I just happen to use Cosel USA as an example and these are pretty common units. Input voltsge between 9 and 18 volts and output (dual) +/- 15 VDC (Isolated too). They are pretty cheap as to the power you are looking for. They are also carried by a good number of distributors.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back