Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wireless I2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamthole

I am interested in connecting an I2C master to an I2C slave through a wireless link. When I search for Wireless I2C on Google, I get results that make it seem there is a way to do this, but no real results.

Any ideas or help is appreciated. It is a fairly tough problem (to me anyway) because the data line on I2C is bi-directional.

I2C is designed to connect chips on the same PCB - doing it wirelessly would be completely pointless, there are MUCH better ways to connect devices wirelessly.

Perhaps if you tell us EXACTLY what you're wanting to do?, we can make suggestions.

**broken link removed**

The above transceiver has heaps of features;
  • True single chip FSK transceiver 433MHz
  • Few external components required
  • No set up or configuration needed
  • No coding of data required
  • 20kbit/s data rate
  • 2 channels
  • Wide supply range
  • Very low power consumption
  • Standby mode
  • operates from a single +3 - 5V DC supply

$26.05 USD from Oatley Electronics

Thanks gramo. That looks like a good deal.

Nigel, All I am doing is trying to connect an I2C master and an I2C slave. I have two parts that are I2C and I cannot change them, but would like to connect them over wireless.

adamthole said:
Thanks gramo. That looks like a good deal.

Nigel, All I am doing is trying to connect an I2C master and an I2C slave. I have two parts that are I2C and I cannot change them, but would like to connect them over wireless.

That's just what you told us before, it's of no use - we need to know EXACTLY what you're wanting to do, and not how you think it needs doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back