Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

whats the difference between assembly language and HLA

Status
Not open for further replies.

samcheetah

what is the difference between assembly language and high level assembly(HLA). i wanted to know about this because i downloaded an ebook named "The art of assembly language programming" and it talks about HLA.

and one thing more, will i be able to write code for PICs in HLA

samcheetah said:
i downloaded an ebook named "The art of assembly language programming" and it talks about HLA.
seems to me that this book is for x86 desktop pc's. (if i remember it correctly)

as far as i know pic's can be programmed in low level assembly. next to it would be c.

samcheetah said:
yes spyghost this book is written for the x86 microprocessors. i just thought that it looked easy to start with. and i wanted to know if i could do some programming for the PIC with it.

thanx

It would be no use for learning PIC assembler, it would be like buying a book on speaking Chinese to help you learn Greek 8)

yup, nigel is right... x86 assembly is "assembly language" is its sense, but pic assembly is definitely for pic alone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back