Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What type of cooling system is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marks256

**broken link removed**

To me it looks as if there is a blower built into the heat sinks, hence the little arrow on the gray one (air flow direction), but i could be wrong... I have never seen anything like this before.

I agree with all of the above. Wow what is that thing anyways?!? Looks like a super computer.

looks like a server to me. Notice the power connections lay flat...makes it easier to mount in a tray.

Yeah that makes sense. One of these days I am gonna sneak into my schools server room and show you the horrid mess of wires :)

Yeah, it is some sort of cluster. Linux, i think.

Here is the link, if anyone is interested. **broken link removed**

Our server room is a mess. :rolleyes: Our servers suck, too. I keep giving the tech coordinator crap that my computer is more powerful than both our servers combined. :D Right now our school is being added on to, so there are random cables hanging out of the wall.

I like hanging out in our server room (which doubles as a tech office). Torrents go fast in there... :p I brought my old computer there and set it up on the main switch. :eek: WOW the internet was fast!!!!! Then we got booted out of there due to remodeling, so we pestered the tech coordinator and got our own room. :p :p :p

Definitely DIY - rivetted aluminium, All power-cables exit without a gland to protect them indicating the PSU is heavily modified. Ultra-cool looking job though.
I would bolt down that SATA at the bottom, they do vibrate quite a lot in reality :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back