Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What part are we dealing with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloody-orc

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Estonians don't answer please.

Last edited:
bloody-orc said:
Estonians don't answer please.

I dont think many Brits will answer either!

I cannot understand what you are trying to tell us.

JimB

err "error on page"

Try to answer what is this part. what is this thing ment to do, where it's from. i know but do you know.

Images repaired

Last edited:
Probably a mechanical computer for bomb aiming in and aircraft, or, for aiming a big gun.

JimB

bomb aiming is warm.

go ahead guess.

I have got answers like: espresso machine, clock, calculator, constructor, storage crate etc.

BTW philba since when do you speak estonian? (amazingly well for a common American) [correct is ma ei räägi Eesti keelt]

Last edited:
minu naine on eesti-ameerikane. no umlautes on us kbd and I know the sounds better than the spelling (g and k are very close to english ears, for example). but then I did say I didn't speak it...

The device looks military (vs industrial). rack mounted. manual and motor driven settings. It looks too heavy to be airborne equipment (but if it's soviet, maybe so). Maybe ranging or missle launch control. seems too well machined to be a common piece of equipment.

by the way, I consider myself an un-common American!

philba you are 90% correct.
it is military, soviet, motor, hand controller, something to do with missiles

it is actually to control a radar that aims the soviet missiles that are ment to be shot in US (or was).

and PS you are wery UN- common American (btw may i ask where do you live exactly?)

That's funny, I almost said radar. I assume that is why you didn't show the dials as that would given away the Russian origin.

I live in Seattle, Washington. Most of the Estos I know are children of people that fled during WWII. They speak Estonian that is from before the war.

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back