Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electroenthusiast

I'm pretty unsure to ask this ques here, but the abstract blow member lounge says : 'you can chat about anything you like', so i'm asking it here. Moreover people here might be well be acquainted with it.
Anybody here who watch old movies would be familiar with this, you can see a circular pattern in certain frames of the movie, they appear over and over again at certain times. My question is: What that circle is? Is it some watermark kind of thing? Or is something called crop circle:wiki?

Snapshot: Appears mostly at the right side of the video.

Attachments

• snap.jpg
    snap.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 269
Reel-change markers - for long movies there's multiple reels; the markings they tell the projectionist when to flip to the next reel (which is loaded on a second projector).

I saw it in action first in Inglorious Basterds - a very educational movie; not only did it teach me about the film markings, but it also taught me the history of the war.

Last edited:
In the movie Fight club they called em cigarette burns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back