Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what is BOOT ROM

Status
Not open for further replies.

imgemini

hi friends
just get one IC MRM27256-25 from my LAN card , its most good looking iC i ever se just want to knwo what is for and where can i use it

imgemini said:
hi friends
just get one IC MRM27256-25 from my LAN card , its most good looking iC i ever se just want to knwo what is for and where can i use it

As you have already said - it's a ROM (Read Only Memory), it contains code to boot your computer up so it can access the network. This means you can have a computer without a hard drive, using the network file systems.

If it's an EPROM (rather than a ROM) you can erase it with UV light and reprogram it, you can easily tell - a UV eraseable EPROM will have a window in the chip for erasure.

If it's just a ROM, it's no use, except for booting your computer onto the network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back