Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

VTIC 7210 ir detector data ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tiny2

Hi there,
I have an old Marconi spectrum analyser and one of the optical encoder controls has died. It has a pair of ir LED emitters and a corresponding pair of detectors type VTIC7210, which according to the circuit diagram are ir schmitt-trigger detectors, TTL compatible. As far as I can tell, one of the detectors is stuck low.

From google, I can't even determine the original manufacturer, never mind find a data sheet. I'd be glad if someone could point me in the direction of a data sheet so maybe I could decide on a substitute part, or even a vendor who would sell me a few ?

Thanks and regards

Well, I have a result -- not the one I expected though !

I contacted a couple of vendors who claimed to be able to obtain obsolete components, but they couldn't help.

I was surprised to find that Aeroflex (Marconi) still have the whole encoder assy listed as available, pn 44990/455, price 79ukp plus handling, particularly as the equipment is about 20 years old. Worth the price just to keep it going a bit longer.

regards..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back