Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using USART to implement reading a byte at a particular frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssylee

I'm currently using a PIC18F4680 to try to implement Figures 1 and 6 of the pdf that I have attached in this post. I have been suggested to use the USART instead of using timer interrupt and external interrupt to read the diagnosis and data bytes. I have also read the relevant sections of the microcontroller's datasheet, but don't really have a clue on how to read the bytes using the USART (not even sure if the auto baud rate adjustment generator would help). It would be fantastic to hear some feedback on this. Thanks.

Attachments

• tms3705a.pdf
    251.7 KB · Views: 185
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back