Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Unkown chip on airbag ECU

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave3141

I am trying to figure out how to reset the ECU in the Bosch Renault airbag computer. I know for a fact it can be done.

I was wondering what the four chips on the circuit were.

Two have the numbers on a surface mount chip:

04 3502
RB755.1

One is:
06 3002
R9782.1

Other has writing too small for my eyes at the moment.
I think they are hitachi chips, as the symbol is a circle with what looks like "H" inside it. They are DIL with 12 pins each side.

Thanks.

I would expect them to be custom chips, or at least in-house numbers on them, it's most likely that to reset it requires a connection from an external computer (so knowing what the chips are isn't likely to help?).

My Fiat Punto has the same problem - the drivers side airbag is disabled.

Even if you can reset it, you have to know the problem source. Only the car dealer may have access to it and reset the computer error code. Some commercial scanner may give you the problem source but will never reset it.

Even if you know what are the chip... what you'll try? what will be your results? And so on. Go to the car dealer.

mister_e said:
Even if you can reset it, you have to know the problem source. Only the car dealer may have access to it and reset the computer error code. Some commercial scanner may give you the problem source but will never reset it.

Even if you know what are the chip... what you'll try? what will be your results? And so on. Go to the car dealer.

Very helpful. So I should just give up?lol.My friend owns a scrapyard and is being ripped off by a private individual who knows how to do these, so I thought we could sort it out so his overheads are cut.

I am asking people in the know, to see if they will give up their secrets(not likely to happen). It can be unlocked and I want to know how.

dave3141 said:
Very helpful. So I should just give up?lol.My friend owns a scrapyard and is being ripped off by a private individual who knows how to do these, so I thought we could sort it out so his overheads are cut.

I am asking people in the know, to see if they will give up their secrets(not likely to happen). It can be unlocked and I want to know how.

You're probably going about it the wrong way, knowing what the chips are isn't going to help you in the least - presumably it's a software method?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
You're probably going about it the wrong way, knowing what the chips are isn't going to help you in the least - presumably it's a software method?.

Probably, yes. There is a program called gopel for VAG cars, but I cant find software for the renaults. I read somewhere that the chips need to be removed reprogrammed and replaced.

Once I figure out how to read them, it's a step in right direction i think.

Then I need to compare data from working unit to locked unit, obviously using the same car, as the data may vary from car to car.

yeah but the intern data isn't visible for you!
It will be read protected!

I think that that individual works for renault and knows what he does
Also if you haven't got the program for you car it will cockup maybe the main computer wich doesn't accept that version... i guess cars are like hell..

lets say like normal computer it has drivers/ protocols wich need to comply wich the rest of the systems...

a loose connect many times unther the seat is the problem for side airbags.. to give the error once registered it won't go away because of safety..

i would just go to the dealer he has the device enters resets it and can do this 10x in one minute if nececary!!

also if that guys needs many of them its because he doesn't know the chip number etc!! sow his source is the scrapyard!!

even he doesn't know how to reset a car one because wy would he need then a new one?? (in fact only when the controller is faulty??)

last but not least an airbag is a very very very powerfull thing i wouldn't like to solder arround on that board!! not knowing what i'm doing..

you can easy break your arms /hand/fingers if it goes off when you don't want it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back