Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

touch sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

In a related problem someone recommended setting up a pin to an oscillator, so when a bearing hits the pin it changes the frequency,

does anyone know what this was called again>?

actually it may be a tilt type sensor.....

well originally it was the tube from a pen and they put 2 pins in each end so when a ball bearing rolled on to the pins they closed the contacts as a tilt detector......

but there was another way...... I want to use a single pin in each end for detection and by doing this i would set up a oscillator type thing and when the bearing hit the single pin it changes the capacitance and throws off the clock somehow creating a trigger

actually it may be a tilt type sensor.....

well originally it was the tube from a pen and they put 2 pins in each end so when a ball bearing rolled on to the pins they closed the contacts as a tilt detector......

but there was another way...... I want to use a single pin in each end for detection and by doing this i would set up a oscillator type thing and when the bearing hit the single pin it changes the capacitance and throws off the clock somehow creating a trigger

killivolt said:

If I'm thinking like you are then what I would do is put a single actuator though the bearing with 2 sensor plate either washers what ever. Then put a separate circuit on the bearing isolate the bearing surface with a plastic washer and adhere your sensor plate to it.

When the pin slides through the bearing it touches one end of the sensor surfaces to one side of the bearing meanwhile sliding it in the opposite touch's the other surface to the opposite side of the bearing. Both bearing and pins are in a

(Series parallel wiring combo )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back