Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Theory articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachtheterrible

Reading the post in another section about a wiki forum gave birth to an idea: How about opening up the theory articles section of this forum?

Of course it wouldn't be a section where just anybody could make a posting. One could write an indepth article on whatever: whether it be amplifiers, PICs, LEDs . . . It would be critical that the author have a complete explanation, including such things as math, pictures, whatever is needed. The article would be submitted via PM to a moderator so that they could scrutinize it, making sure everything is correct. If a lot of people start submitting articles; more than the moderators could handle, the article could be forwarded to our senior members so that they could look it over and tell the moderator that its ok to post it.

I don't think it would be a good idea to let people post on the article after it has been written because it would only lead to things getting sloppy. I also think it would be a good idea to have a table of contents.

Just an idea bouncing around in my head . . . :lol:

Hi zachtheterrible,
I think your Idea is good but today almost every information is available on ineternt and I think there is no point in repeating the same information
What i think is there should be article on how to search on google or anyother search engine efficiently for newbees ;)

zachtheterrible,
Interesting idea. But we have talked about this before, and it looks like people would still ignore the "Theory" section and ask guestions that are answered there...

what are guestions? :lol: Is it a bunch of guests gathering around endlessly? :lol:

To me, I just can't see a huge theory section being practical because almost no one will even read it. In fact, I have gone through several posts where users want us to literally think and then do the work for them, even though they claim to be 3rd or 4th year post secondary students.

If there were to be articles, it should be unique, something that users cannot find anywhere else.

mstechca,

Interesting to see how you can turn a small typo into ROFL situation :lol:

g and q look the same If you type in a hurry :twisted:

I could see some value in having canned responses to frequently asked questions. Any more than that and we'd be trying to redo work thats been done countless times before. Now, much of this work is not published in a way that's accessible via the internet simply because it took time/effort and those who did the work expect compensation for it. Quite often I (and I know at least Nigel does too) refer members to various references that are familiar. The references include printed and bound books (or the electronic/CD versions), magazines and research papers.

We certainly could work to publish, via the internet, our own equivalents to these references. Thankfully many people do just that however it's a lot of work and many of us just don't have the time or motivation to do what's already been done.

We certainly could work to publish, via the internet, our own equivalents to these references. Thankfully many people do just that however it's a lot of work and many of us just don't have the time or motivation to do what's already been done.

Yup, thats the biggest problem right there :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back