Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

technically a maze robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_Doggy

I gotta device that can detect current coordinates, gets target coordinates then move accordingly, however I also want this device to plot obstacles remember their positions and move around them(using shortest distance).

I got the first part down but how should I store the coordinates that are "occupied space" XYZ values in the EEPROM?

Also how would I retrieve that info so that it goes around that "occupied space"(still using shortest distance)?

BASIC pls!! OR general info

its for a 3d maze robot, that can lift itself to next floor(with cutout opening in floor/ceiling), but i want it to derive the best path, since there will be more than one way out, so i want it to guess the shortest path and go from there, also i want it to avoid obstacles and then remembering that situation for next time,(so first time through course it will detect obstacle decide to go...say left around it,, next time through it will remember obstacle grid and all left points, calculate that going right is better, go right around obstacle, detect all right obstacle points,,, then 3RD time through it will derive which way is shortest.

I also want to use the xyz for detecting 3d space nodal points, and reanimate it in a 3d LED cube, so that the led cube is more user friendly, an example of this is when that guy used reflective tape to use his fingers on his wii remote hack .....somewhere on you tube......

Let's see here:
The robot can go left/right/up & down at any given location.

Therefore u need:
1) Visiospatial abilities with a method for accurate coordinate mapping.
2) Precise drive mechatronics (probably tracked or half tracked) with the ability to self correct location errors based on obstacle location matrices.
3) Autocompass for directional reliability.
4) Gyroscope to handle inclinations/tilts and solve for linear distances.
6) Autorouting module to devise shortest path based on obstacle mapping.
7) All this done in 3D.

Sounds like a tall order. Prob a 16 bit core with large amount of EPROM for maps etc.
Not sure about the climbing up & down thru holes bit. That is a challenge in itself, esp. if the holes aren't of fixed size and shape.

I'd suggest some sort of wheel encoder to keep track of the distance covered. with an encoder for both tracks direction changes can be derived as well.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
ya,ya, i got all that goin, im actually using 2 PICs,, one for the motor systems, and one for navigation, my biggest prob is:

1) an algorithm that auto-routs shortest distance off of "known map" (your#6)
2) and a way to map obsitcal locations.....

I am trying to avoid the formal x-y mapping system, I am thinking of something that only records an object as a logic1, but not record the "empty space", the reason for this is that EEPROM may fill up fast, since my xyz data is 12bytes long.
(maybe i should upgrade to SD card memory??)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back