Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Targetting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clyd3 said:
thanks for that

yeah, i'm just about to start work on this project again

Any progress? I'm working towards something similar, currently based on ZoneMinder (www.zoneminder.com) running the cameras. The latest version has a new feature described as follows:

"When motion is detected the centre of the region of motion is written to shared memory, where is can be used for tracking. This can now optionally be a simple median of the motion extents or (in blob mode) a weighted centre for better location of irregularly shaped events."

My plan is to use two cameras and a "mesh" of the terrain topography to triangulate positions.

I haven't actually experimented with this yet, as I haven't updated to the latest ZoneMinder version (1.22) and I'm still working on pan/tilt mounts for the cameras... and other things...

- james

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back