Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Sylvania DVD VCR combo model # SSD803

Status
Not open for further replies.
You won't like this answer, but I'm writing it anyhow: Buy a new one.

Specifically, buy a separate VCR, and build a Mini-ITX DVR with a DVD-RW or DVD-ROM drive. It won't be cheap, but it will do a lot more for you than a regular DVD player. I'm not saying its impossible, but I have yet to see a DVD-ROM/RW PC drive fail, while the DVD drives in DVD players seem to fail if you look at them funny. If that won't work, then buy a separate player and VCR; do some research, but generally if the player costs more than $50.00, it will likely last longer (though I still doubt longer than a PC drive)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back