Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Switch direction above X volts

Status
Not open for further replies.

wireaudio

Hello again everyone,

I have a little project im working on.

drawing.JPG

Basically i need R1 to be connected where it stands when voltage is under 25V otherwise i need R2 to be connected. (in other words, once or the other). I tried using a transistor (with a voltage divider) going towards R2 with gate activated from R1's line, and it works fine to activate R2, however, when R2 is activated i need R1 to be taken out. And that's where i'm stuck.

A relay is also out of the question because they don't last long and are pricy.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Since you want either 1K, or 18K, can you just always leave the 18K in the circuit, and then when the voltage is below 25V, parallel a 1059Ω resistor across the 18K?

(18000*1059)/(18000+1059) = 19062000/19059 = 1000.157Ω

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back