Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Stepper Motor Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonshine

I am trying to verify if there is a feed to a stepper motor, that is driving headlights on a 12volt motor vehicle I just need to find out if the control unit is sending instructions to the stepper how can I test this the cheapest way, just need to know with feed exists

really would appreciate some help/guidance

Thanks

Stan

A voltmeter. If it operates a headlight door or actuator, it will be a challenge to get the correct pulse sequence to properly connect the motor.

thanks for the input, I am trying to check that a supply exists, are you saying all I need to do is connect a volt meter to the supply?

thanks

Connect the voltmeter to each wire on the stepper motor to verify a signal reaches the motor.
From there, you can determine the operating sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back