Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Static Calibration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karkas

Hello fellows, I've been looking for information about static calibration, and haven't found anything like what I'm looking for, like what does it consist on and some procedures. I have found some documents about it, but very especific about some measurement system. If you could help me with some source of information about it I would really appreaciate it, please don't google it for me, I have already done that and the results were the explained.

Thanks in advance.

I assume by 'static', you mean electro-static discharge (ESD).

There are two defined model. Most common is human body model. Other is Machine Model and Charged Device Model.

Human body model is dischargng a 100 pF capacitor through a series 1.5K resistor. Charging voltage can be varied up to 35 kV D.C.. Typical requirement for push buttons on appliances are 10-15kV minimum with no permanent damage.

Applications include determining when something blows out, causes a software reset but not permanent damage, manufacturing requirements in assembly of devices using semiconductors (ESD in placing an I.C.) and other misc. situations.

There are standard levels but it is up to the manufacturer to determine needed level. An elevator button probably should be able to take 50 kV hit based on human body model. A cellphone should take at least 10-15kV with no damage, maybe a reset. No reset below 10 kV. A ground plate is placed under test device. For portable devices the orientation give different results. Need to find the weakest orientation and hit location.

See link:

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Well maybe I translated it wrong, I meant by static calibration a type of calibration, I was lookin' for information about it specificly of transducers.

Thanks anyway, I appreaciate it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back