Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Simple Remote Control Theory??

Status
Not open for further replies.

HANDzCLEANx

Hi everyone

What is the basic theory of remote control??

This is what I think it works:
The transmitter: A 555-timer to send out the pulsating signal with LEDs.

The reciever: A voltage devider, with one resistor being a LDR, connected to a de-coupling capacitor, then it is connected to a constant biasing-voltage divider, then connected to a transistor( BJT CLASS A CE) amplifier.
Next its connected to another de-coupling capacitor, then it passes through a PASSIVE RC x-ORDER BAND-PASS filter( x being any number).
Then it is de-coupled again, biased again and then amplified(CE) again.

Then, by my theory, I will have a "remote-control" fundamental circuit, ready to be used with a shcmit-trigger,etc.

SO, WILL IT WORK???
I am currently researching transistors in-depth(going through all the info I can), and I wish not to use OP-AMPS( I have only vague knowledge of OP-amps), and I have no knowledge of photodiodes and photo-transistors.

Thanx for reading this post.

CHEERS

HANDzCLEANx said:
Hi everyone

What is the basic theory of remote control??

This is what I think it works:
The transmitter: A 555-timer to send out the pulsating signal with LEDs.

The reciever: A voltage devider, with one resistor being a LDR, connected to a de-coupling capacitor, then it is connected to a constant biasing-voltage divider, then connected to a transistor( BJT CLASS A CE) amplifier.
Next its connected to another de-coupling capacitor, then it passes through a PASSIVE RC x-ORDER BAND-PASS filter( x being any number).
Then it is de-coupled again, biased again and then amplified(CE) again.

Then, by my theory, I will have a "remote-control" fundamental circuit, ready to be used with a shcmit-trigger,etc.

SO, WILL IT WORK???
I am currently researching transistors in-depth(going through all the info I can), and I wish not to use OP-AMPS( I have only vague knowledge of OP-amps), and I have no knowledge of photodiodes and photo-transistors.

Thanx for reading this post.

CHEERS

If you look at my IR PIC tutorial that explains a bit more about it, but basically IR remote control works by using a carrier of about 38-40KHz. This is then pulsed on and off by the digital data in the transmitter, the receivers use an IC which does all the hard work and gives out a logic level signal based on the original digital data transmitted. You then have to decode the digital data to do what you want, it's usual to use a micro-controller at either end, or a specific custom device - which is simply a pre-programmed micro-controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back