Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

servo on the basis

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuttaphong191

I want to build a servo on the basis of a windscreenwiper motor from a car. The idea is that it should be opreated by a regular RC from RC car or boat. Is this possible and can it be rather cheap

Yes, it's possible, you need to steal the insides out of a normal servo. Then you add a potentiometer to the output of your wiper motor and connect it to the feedback input of your servo board. Lastly you need to have a MUCH larger H-Bridge between the servo output and the motor.

I used to have a link to a petrol driven robot that used a wiper motor servo for steering, but I can't find it now. Here's a link with a picture of one driving a baseball bat though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back