Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Series connection of two 12V batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need 24V DC power supply having current rating of 12AHr to 15AHr. I tried to search for the battery but could not find one. So I have decided to obtain the same by connecting two 12V batteries in series.The problem is what should be current ratings of the two batteries in order to get the desired rating of 15AHr? Do I need to take some special precautions for connecting the two batteries in series?

Connecting two 12V 15Ah batteries in series will make a 24V 15Ah battery. The main thing to remember with Lead Acid batteries is not to discharge them past 80% of their capacity. You don't mention type of batteries and so I assumed Lead Acid. There may be other problems with other types of battery. See https://www.progressivedyn.com/battery_basics.html for basic info.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back