Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

serial data buffer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mister ron

hi,

looking for some advice please.
I am setting up a swipe card reader for a project, my data is usually fed direct to the pc, however I would like to know if it is possible to set up some kind of storage / buffer to hold data being recorded while the PC is switched off. I have seen off the shelf "mobile swipe readers" which must do this, just want to know if this is possible to set up from a hobbyist / newbie perspective.

any advice / help on how to purue this idea would be greatly appreciated.

Yes this is possible. Many microcontrollers come with EEPROM or data flash memory that will retain its values even if your microcontroller loses its power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back