Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

running sort of output lines....................

Status
Not open for further replies.

anand_jain

hello,
i am anand, a newbie in electronics. i need some help, it is related to microcotroller 16f84....... i read the book 'PIC microcontroller Project Book' written by John Iovine. he really made learning programming and building projects using 16f84 simple for a begimnnner. Inspired from it, i decided to build a project using PIC, i want to build a display using LEd. i want to Display EHC. the LED should glow in the manner that one get a feel that someone writing EHC. for implementing it, i am running sort of output lines. in the book there is a dedicated chapter to solve such problem, he gave a example in which he made 1 output to 8 outputs, using serial to parallel converter 74ls164. so could anyone tell me can i have 8 x 8 outputs lines using 16f84.or to maximum how many can i have ouput lines.... if yes then how.........

In a project I'm doing I am using 8-bit addressable latches (Texas Instruments cd74hct259) with the address and data lines multiplexed, and only seperate memory reset and latch enable lines. I am running 6 latches off of 2 ports, so that is 48 individualy addressable bits. It is a bit of a pain to code for, but with some good macros, it isn't too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back