Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RS485 circuit help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shahzad73

Hello

I want to design a RS485 circuit to connect remote modules to the main panel. I will be using 75151 chip (i think i write the correct chip number)

My system consist of a main panel with LCD and keypad. In the next version of the system, there will be multiple remote keypad+LCD mini system. So user can perform the same functions on the main system which user can do on the main panel keypad. I am will use RS485 to connect multiple keypads to the main panel.

I also need help designing the software. What is the best way to monitor key presses on the remote keypad. Should i user device pooling and ask each remote keypad that a key has been pressed or not. So in this way the each remote keypad is asked whether a key has been pressed on the remote keypad one by one. or is there any other better mechanisim.

I think only one remote keypad can use the RS485 bus to communicate with the main panel and in device pooling, each remote keypad will wait for his turn to communicate with the system.

Shahzad Aslam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back