Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rfid

Status
Not open for further replies.

danwilko69

i want to build 1 from scratch for my last year of college, the tags i have are 13.56 mhz and want about 5ft of range so that as i walk upto my door the scanner reads the tag and unlocks the door

I think you are pushing s**t up hill wanting a 5 foot range.

It can be done but would require a BIG antenna coil and a lot of power to drive it. (like 3 foot square)

Not a very practical application for a door lock.

One source of information you could try is Texas Instruments, and run a few searches for the RFID frequency you need. as they have many dedicated chips and circuit information to suit.

I think you will find a 5 inch range will be more realistic for your project.

I have never worked with the 13.56 mhz range and know nothing about their limitations.

Pete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back