Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote Control By Location Part 2

Hola,
Hoy estaba viendo las señales de radio usando una terminal, donde aparecían mensajes como este: [ ROBI,111,1,11,W ] entonces toma el primer grupo 111, esto es obviamente 3xBYTE 1 y 1 y 1, pero representa un PALABRA, entonces 2x BYTES 00000000 y 01101111.

Los 2xBYTES se convierten en dígitos, se transmiten/reciben, se diseccionan y se presentan para que pueda leerlos.

Si los enviara como 00000000 y 01101111 no podría comprobarlos, pero sería mucho más eficiente.

Así que tengo que intentar dar este paso, aunque sea incómodo, y tendré que encontrar una forma de comprobarlo.
C.
If you maintain the same length and format, the data should always be in the same position, making it straightforward to extract them using the appropriate functions. This consistency in data structure greatly simplifies the process of parsing and retrieving specific pieces of information. By standardizing the data format, you can employ more efficient algorithms to handle and manipulate the data. This approach not only enhances reliability in data handling but also optimizes performance, as the functions can be tailored to operate on a predictable data model.
But it is very important to be sure that the data frame has no errors.

I understand you. I'm currently working on some functions to decode the data contained in the data frames generated by AIS equipment. The first thing I did was create a function to check the frame's checksum before processing it. If the checksum is incorrect, the frame is discarded, thus saving time by not processing it. I also have another function that, for now, only extracts the Maritime Mobile Service Identity (MMSI) number from the vessel.

In the following example of a data frame, among other information, the MMSI number 224026920 is included. The data frame is represented as '!AIVDM,1,1,,A,13EaQ:?P00wgp<RE0kU>4?w420SA,0*27'. This format encapsulates various pieces of data essential for maritime communication, including the unique identifier for the vessel.
Hi D,
This AIS project of yours sound interesting. What language are you using? If it is ever in OSH BASIC, I would try it, as I'm near boats where I live.

Regarding the CHECKSUM, I use a shorter 'kind of' version, byt checking the $ at the beginning of 'say' GPS DATA, and the 'say' W 1/2 way along the whole sentence.
C.

If you maintain the same length and format, the data should always be in the same position, making it straightforward to extract them using the appropriate functions. This consistency in data structure greatly simplifies the process of parsing and retrieving specific pieces of information. By standardizing the data format, you can employ more efficient algorithms to handle and manipulate the data. This approach not only enhances reliability in data handling but also optimizes performance, as the functions can be tailored to operate on a predictable data model.
But it is very important to be sure that the data frame has no errors.
Hi D,
Why is my reply written in Spanish, I'm English?

My 4x CODES have taken years to get this far, and I'm not a good CODER, so I'll leave well alone until 'say' I'm correcting something, I may try to do it in the way you suggest. The WORD thing in #39 will take some concentration to work it rhough the system, so I will have a go at that.
C

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back