Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reading Kline over Serial port.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mastero

Hello all,

I built the enclosed circuit and the enclosed software works fine with it.

My question is how to connect the hardware to hyper terminal to read the incoming data.

i have tried different baud settings but in my terminal i get gibberish only

It is basically a Kline to USB hardware. so it should give me the data on terminal

any ideas shall be helpful.

cheers
mastero

Attachments

• TEST.rar
    64.5 KB · Views: 280
You need to send an initialisation byte at FIVE baud; five bits per second....
The system then switches to 10,400 baud. Quite probably not possible with USB-Serial, you likely need an MCU to translate the speeds and format.

See this:

Thanks Rj,
I have read that post and many more the issue is not that in my case...

I am not reading the entire Kline system... There are two unit which talks in Kline protocol JUST two not connected to any bus.

Enclosed is the communication between them. The baud is set to 9600 by the software it is in RTU mode hence terminal is gibberish

cheers

Attachments

• read.txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 255
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back