Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RCM3400 interfacing with M12+ Oncore GPS receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

joneo

Hi!i donno whether i'm suppose to ask question through here.but i really wish you guys can help me as i'm new to the dynamic C and the Rabbit microprocessor. i have one GPS receiver (M12+ Oncore GPS Receiver) and one RCM3400 dev kit with me. i'm trying to program the RCM3400 to pull the NMEA-0183 data from the GPS receiver. i'm facing a big problem for the interfacing between both this hardware. i've tried the serial port example of the dynamic C but when come to the NMEA-0183 data, as we know it consist of char and integer, so i dono how to save the data as. what i mean is how should i declare it as?as a string?as a character?as a integer?and another problem is where should i save the data to,i mean where should i locate them to?using array?please help.thanks in advance.

below is the program that i write using the Dynamic C. my main purpose is trying to send out the command to the receiver which is in the format of "$PMOTG,GGA,0001*01", then get the NMEA0183 respond from GPS receiver through the serial ports and then process the data.

#class auto
#define CINBUFSIZE 255
#define COUTBUFSIZE 255

#ifndef _232BAUD
#define _232BAUD 4800
#endif
const char nIn2;

main()
{
//auto int nIn2;
//xdata c { "$PMOTG,GGA,0001*01" };

brdInit(); //initialize board for this demo
serCopen(_232BAUD);
serCwrFlush();
serCrdFlush();

while (1)
{
//serCputc (c[0]); //Send lowercase byte
while ((nIn2=serCgetc()) == -1); // Wait for echo
printf ("serial C received %s\n",nIn2);

}
}

as we know it consist of char and integer
For those of us who don't have the NMEA-0183 spec. in front of us right now, or are too lazy to search for it, what exactly does the data you're hoping to decode look like? Show me a simple byte-by-byte example.

NMEA-0183 have lot of message respond format. for your information to use the M12+ Oncore receiver, i need to send the command "$PMOTG,GGA,0001*01" so that i can always receive the NMEA-0183 message of $GPGGA. and the respond will be in the format of $GPGGA,123519,4807.038,N,01131.324,E,1,08,0.9,545.4,M,46.9,M, , *42. so my problem is what should i declare all the command send out and the responded NMEA data?thanks for your reply

It looks like a string to me. I suggest that you store it as a string, then lookup atoi or sscanf in your favourite C book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back